Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Unread on my Shelf

 
Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte : I don't know how I haven't gotten around to this yet! My interested in Jane Eyre was piqued by the most recent film adaptation starring Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender. I've always been a bit wary of the Brontes because of the darker tones their writings possess, but I think it would be a good challenge for me. And there's the fact that Jane is me or I am Jane...

2. Juliet by Anne Fortier : Modern Romeo and Juliet?! I also don't know how I've just let this one sit on my shelf for so long. I've heard mixed things about this, so maybe that's why I haven't opened it yet.

3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern : A circus, magic, and romance- all enticing things in one acclaimed bestseller- I'm just going to stop saying I don't know how I haven't finished this yet.

4. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro : Luckily, I've chosen to read this one for my English class this month, so I should have a review up when I'm done!

5. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay : I've also heard good things about this one, and I believe the movie adaptation has come out, or is coming soon.

6. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson : Do I even have to explain why this is another book that I should have already read? Two movie adaptations, lots of talk, strong female character...

7. What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen : I think Dessen's books are always kind of hit-and-miss. I love This Lullaby and Just Listen but was not really a fan of Lock and Key. I think I stopped reading What Happened to Goodbye because the beginning was a bit slow.

8. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray: One of my favorite series of all time is the Gemma Doyle trilogy. I think Bray's forays into the modern world (as seen in Beauty Queens and Going Bovine) are just something that I have to get used to, since I was really drawn to her writing in Gemma Doyle.

9. Halo by Alexandra Adornetto : Most of the reviews I've read about this one haven't been particularly favorable, calling it another Twilight with a cliche supernatural romance and vapid female narrator. At the same time, the whole concept of angels really does interest me.

10. Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie : A mystery classic! I'm a sucker for mysteries.

I plan on getting to all of these... eventually!

2 comments:

  1. I too have my eye on The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - it's a big book, but I couldn't put it down. I also really liked Night Circus.

    ReplyDelete