Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Want To See Become Movies

 Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish .
1. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray : I was so disappointed when production on this was dropped.
2. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford : WWII Romeo and Juliet with Asian Americans - heart-wrenchingly good. It would probably be one of those movies you'd need to have a box of tissues with you to get through.
3. Goose Girl by Shannon Hale : This has been one of my favorite books for years and I feel like it's been forever since a fairytale-esque movie without dark/supernatural undertones was made.
4. Gone by Michael Grant : Do I even have to explain why this would be an awesome movie? No adults, kids with powers, action and suspense, survival?
5. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer : Another great series that has been around for a long time, and has the potential to be a great set of fantasy/suspense movies.
6. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin : I could see this as a heartwarming indie flick.
7. White Cat by Holly Black : I'd love to see Black's world of magic mixed with mafia on screen
8. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare : City of Bones is going to be a movie, but I'd be really interested in a Clockwork Angel film. A steam-punk, demon-killing action combination set in Victorian London. It just sounds like a great movie premise. 
9. Maximum Ride by James Patterson : A family of mutant flying children on the run? Sarcastic, witty dialogue and interactions? Yes!
10. Catching Fire/Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins : I know I'm slightly cheating with this one, since The Hunger Games is in production, and the rest of the trilogy will most likely follow. But... :] I'm still a bit wary of the casting choices so far, but I'll have to wait til I see the actual movie (or even the trailer).

3 comments:

  1. dude, I love the Maximum Ride Series. >.<
    I so was into them that I like finished the books in like a week. this is my favorite fiction series. the book is so addicting. I felt so sorry for ari and how he died. I still think that jed is a douchebag. I would so love to have total as my pet. I loved his snarky side.
    but i do feel that if they turned maximum ride into a series, that they would cheat on the graphics because there are wings, flying, and a lot of fighting in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting choices! I too would like to see a few of those made into movies!

    Here is my Top Ten post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Great list!! I completely forgot about Gone and Maximum Ride!! Those would be great movies!! I need to read the rest of the Gone series.

    I like Hale and have been wanting to read Goose Girl. Need to check my other library.

    Yay for Artemis and the Hunger Games series too!

    come check out our Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete